Sunday, September 9, 2012

9/9/11 Update

I hope everyone has enjoyed the weekend - so glad it cooled off a little!  The children continue to do a great job figuring out 2nd grade...not only did we earn an extra recess as a group based on all their good choices, we also had our first student complete a "star chart," which is a record of individual good choices.  I'm very proud of them and I'm hoping their efforts continue.

We will finish our review chapter in Math this week and will end with an assessment that shows me what they remember from 1st grade.  This information allows me to do a better job of seeing who needs extra practice and who can stretch their learning with some extensions.  Be sure to take those little opportunities throughout the day to practice basic facts, addition and subtraction, telling time and using money.  Every bit helps!

So far, so good!  I'm having a great time with your children - thanks again for sharing them with me.  Please email me with any questions or concerns at mlbuster@torahacademy.org

No comments:

Post a Comment